No, not another anonymous attack on the rich. Merely the latest chapter in the ongoing efforts of the Pujo “money trust” committee to find and serve William A. Rockefeller, Jr., — younger brother of John D. Rockefeller, the world’s richest man — with a subpoena forcing him to testify. The Atlanta Constitution reports that tomorrow the committee will consider whether to empower House employees and private detectives “to force their way into the Fifth Avenue mansion of William Rockefeller . . . .” More popcorn, please.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 52,973 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- CORNELL PROF: How Christianity Has Won Universal Victory
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- "PATENT APPLIED FOR": Last words of O. D. Comber, written on a miniature gas chamber of his own invention
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech