No, not another anonymous attack on the rich. Merely the latest chapter in the ongoing efforts of the Pujo “money trust” committee to find and serve William A. Rockefeller, Jr., — younger brother of John D. Rockefeller, the world’s richest man — with a subpoena forcing him to testify. The Atlanta Constitution reports that tomorrow the committee will consider whether to empower House employees and private detectives “to force their way into the Fifth Avenue mansion of William Rockefeller . . . .” More popcorn, please.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension