No, not another anonymous attack on the rich. Merely the latest chapter in the ongoing efforts of the Pujo “money trust” committee to find and serve William A. Rockefeller, Jr., — younger brother of John D. Rockefeller, the world’s richest man — with a subpoena forcing him to testify. The Atlanta Constitution reports that tomorrow the committee will consider whether to empower House employees and private detectives “to force their way into the Fifth Avenue mansion of William Rockefeller . . . .” More popcorn, please.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,566 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- DEATH BY CORSET
- INSANE: "Big Tim" Sullivan, who stripped law-abiding citizens of guns, is committed to asylum
- BOLD PREDICTION: Titanic sinking historic
- GUNS IN SCHOOLS: New York high school students allowed to use machine guns
- CENTENARY: Sir Henry Bessemer
- PERVERT NABBED IN ANONYMOUS-LETTER TRAP
- THE SIMPLE LIFE: "When the farmer raised all his own food and the farmer's wife cooked it all."
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City