Dr. Alexis Carrell, who was forced to leave France after serving as a witness to two “miraculous” cures at Lourdes, and lately at the Rockefeller Institute of Medical Research, has now — he says — come up with his own medical miracle, what the New-York Tribune terms a “magic healer.” Experiments on animals using thyroid tissue reportedly resulted in a ten-fold increase in wound healing, and a 40-fold increase using embryonal tissue.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension