Dr. Alexis Carrell, who was forced to leave France after serving as a witness to two “miraculous” cures at Lourdes, and lately at the Rockefeller Institute of Medical Research, has now — he says — come up with his own medical miracle, what the New-York Tribune terms a “magic healer.” Experiments on animals using thyroid tissue reportedly resulted in a ten-fold increase in wound healing, and a 40-fold increase using embryonal tissue.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 52,975 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- CORNELL PROF: How Christianity Has Won Universal Victory
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- "PATENT APPLIED FOR": Last words of O. D. Comber, written on a miniature gas chamber of his own invention
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech