Reports the New-York Tribune on the President’s receipt of a gold medal from the Independent Order of B’nai B’rith, “annually awarded to the man or woman, regardless of creed, who has contributed most during the year to the welfare of the Jewish cause.” Apparently the rift that once existed between the President and prominent members of the Jewish community has largely mended.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension