Reports the New-York Tribune on the President’s receipt of a gold medal from the Independent Order of B’nai B’rith, “annually awarded to the man or woman, regardless of creed, who has contributed most during the year to the welfare of the Jewish cause.” Apparently the rift that once existed between the President and prominent members of the Jewish community has largely mended.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 52,975 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- CORNELL PROF: How Christianity Has Won Universal Victory
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- "PATENT APPLIED FOR": Last words of O. D. Comber, written on a miniature gas chamber of his own invention
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech