The New-York Post has a lengthy piece celebrating the hard-working whalemen (mostly Portuguese) who are turning considerable profits harvesting sperm whales off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. It will be interesting to see whether as much positive press is given other hard-working capitalists if in the future they develop substitutes for sperm oil that make it unnecessary to kill these great creatures, thus saving them from extinction.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension