The New-York Post has a lengthy piece celebrating the hard-working whalemen (mostly Portuguese) who are turning considerable profits harvesting sperm whales off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. It will be interesting to see whether as much positive press is given other hard-working capitalists if in the future they develop substitutes for sperm oil that make it unnecessary to kill these great creatures, thus saving them from extinction.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 52,972 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- CORNELL PROF: How Christianity Has Won Universal Victory
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- "PATENT APPLIED FOR": Last words of O. D. Comber, written on a miniature gas chamber of his own invention
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech