After a brief early period of popularity for electric vehicles offered by Mr. Edison and many others, it seems consumers now have little interest in them, the New York Times reports. One wonders whether during the next century those favoring electric vehicles will be able to produce a product competitive with gasoline-powered automobiles, or whether instead they will continue to have problems.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension