The New-York Tribune has an account on experiments by E. C. Hanson of Los Angeles using an automobile for “wireless telephony,” with the car battery serving as the power source. Apparently the device has a range of at least 35 miles. One hopes that eventually this idea will prove practicable as means for motorists to communicate while on business trips.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension