The New-York Tribune has an account on experiments by E. C. Hanson of Los Angeles using an automobile for “wireless telephony,” with the car battery serving as the power source. Apparently the device has a range of at least 35 miles. One hopes that eventually this idea will prove practicable as means for motorists to communicate while on business trips.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,248 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- GEORGE LUCAS TAKES ACID
- DEATH BY CORSET
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CENTENARY: Sir Henry Bessemer
- THE SIMPLE LIFE: "When the farmer raised all his own food and the farmer's wife cooked it all."
- NECESSARY AND PROPER: Congress Won't Permit "Contortions" at Inaugural Ball
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech