Says Frank Chance, the new manager of whatever that baseball club in New York is called — variously, the New York Americans, or Highlanders, or Yankees, or Hilltops, or Hillmen, or Kilties. According to the New-York Tribune, Chance doesn’t like any of them. “The nickname Highlanders, Yankees and the others are meaningless. . . . I hope the newspapers and the baseball public will call us the New Yorks in the future . . . .”
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,991 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- TURMOIL OVER DANCING: "freak dances," bare bosoms, time runs backwards -- and what about the Inaugural Ball?
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CUTE: Crown Prince Alexei Plays Santa
- CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: Women in the workplace means "disaster for the race"
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension