Says Frank Chance, the new manager of whatever that baseball club in New York is called — variously, the New York Americans, or Highlanders, or Yankees, or Hilltops, or Hillmen, or Kilties. According to the New-York Tribune, Chance doesn’t like any of them. “The nickname Highlanders, Yankees and the others are meaningless. . . . I hope the newspapers and the baseball public will call us the New Yorks in the future . . . .”
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,248 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- GEORGE LUCAS TAKES ACID
- DEATH BY CORSET
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- CENTENARY: Sir Henry Bessemer
- THE SIMPLE LIFE: "When the farmer raised all his own food and the farmer's wife cooked it all."
- NECESSARY AND PROPER: Congress Won't Permit "Contortions" at Inaugural Ball
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech