Says Frank Chance, the new manager of whatever that baseball club in New York is called — variously, the New York Americans, or Highlanders, or Yankees, or Hilltops, or Hillmen, or Kilties. According to the New-York Tribune, Chance doesn’t like any of them. “The nickname Highlanders, Yankees and the others are meaningless. . . . I hope the newspapers and the baseball public will call us the New Yorks in the future . . . .”
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 52,972 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- CORNELL PROF: How Christianity Has Won Universal Victory
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- "PATENT APPLIED FOR": Last words of O. D. Comber, written on a miniature gas chamber of his own invention
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech