Although the hookworm is endemic in the South, one suspects that by devoting enormous resources to both treatment and education, Rockefeller may lick the problem in a matter of years. At minimum he will likely have much more success with this effort than with his recently other recently announced effort: to reform young women who apparently don’t want to be reformed.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 53,566 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- PROGRESS: The "Kinetophone" -- talking moving pictures are at last a reality
- DEATH BY CORSET
- INSANE: "Big Tim" Sullivan, who stripped law-abiding citizens of guns, is committed to asylum
- BOLD PREDICTION: Titanic sinking historic
- GUNS IN SCHOOLS: New York high school students allowed to use machine guns
- CENTENARY: Sir Henry Bessemer
- PERVERT NABBED IN ANONYMOUS-LETTER TRAP
- THE SIMPLE LIFE: "When the farmer raised all his own food and the farmer's wife cooked it all."
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City