Apparently, the rich can’t win. Recently the Vanderbilts and other wealthy members of Newport society were criticized for spending too much (on entertainment). Now, one of the wealthiest women in America, Miss Helen Gould (daughter of railroad mogul Jay Gould), is being criticized for spending too little (on her bridal trousseau). The Los Angeles Times has the details.
ABOUT"Real-time history" blogging of 1913. Retropundit@Gmail.com.
- 52,972 hits
Most-read posts (last 2 days)
- CORNELL PROF: How Christianity Has Won Universal Victory
- MYSTERIOUS PINK-PAJAMA GIRLS ROCK HARVARD: Junior Harvard Man Receives Odd Visitors, and a Suspension
- "LAUGHABLE" TO BUILD A GREEK TEMPLE AS A MEMORIAL TO LINCOLN, says Senate aide -- why not an Egyptian pyramid?
- "PATENT APPLIED FOR": Last words of O. D. Comber, written on a miniature gas chamber of his own invention
- BAD NEWS FOR GENTLEMEN: Blonds Can't Live in City
- SENSELESS TO ARREST PROSTITUTES, Cleveland police chief explains in speech